Details of Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley revealed
Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment have revealed details of the much anticipated 2014 extension to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
The theme park experience will now include a ride on the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade taking visitors to London’s King’s Cross Station and the wonders of London and Diagon Alley.
The new attractions double the area devoted to Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, now extending across both Universal theme parks with the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.
Universal Orlando opened The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010, which included Hogwarts castle and Hogsmeade.
The new Harry Potter themed experiences at Universal will include a ride on the iconic Hogwarts Express, taking visitors between and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure) and London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) taking in views of the British countryside and a few thrills on the journey.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will include new attractions and experiences based on the wizarding shops in Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley.
Universal’s creative team has worked with Stuart Craig and the production team from the Harry Potter films to make the new attractions as “authentic and spectacular as possible”.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will include some exciting new attractions and features:
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts: a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride. ,
- At Ollivanders wands will choose their wizards.
- Knockturn Alley featuring Borgin and Burkes offering a wide variety of dark magic objects
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes joke shop
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions
- Magical Menagerie featuring collections of plush animals including owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment with wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies supplying Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats and Quaffles.
- Scribbulus , featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- The Leaky Cauldron for traditional British favourites like fish and chips and bangers and mash.
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour
Images: © 2014 Universal Orlando Resort.