Charles Read, MD of Blooloop, said: “We were blown away by both the response to our first year of these awards, with over 130 entries, and the incredible innovations put forward.
“We created these awards to shine a spotlight on the dynamism and imagination in our sector. All the projects have been seen by our judges who are industry leaders. We have created a new innovations area of the Blooloop website where everyone can view them in more detail. Congratulations to everyone who took part and of course to our 2021 winners.
“We are thrilled to have been supported by AREA15, themselves LBE disruptors who are driving the industry forward.”
Awards announcement at blooloop V-Expo
“This collaboration is rooted in a shared philosophy; to celebrate the projects shaping the future of visitor attractions, location based entertainment and immersive experiences,” Fisher said.
“These awards will hand the stage over to the ambitious, passionate individuals and companies leading the way in the industry and disrupting the status quo.”
“Blooloop is the source of information for the immersive entertainment industry,” Fisher added. “It’s a must-read for our entire team every day.”
Innovation Awards 2021 winners
- WINNER – Christie CounterAct by Christie
- 2nd place – Virtual AR for Customer Care Assistance by Zamperla
- 3rd place – RocketRez Re-Opening Package by Rocket Rez
- WINNER – Wallace & Gromit: The Big Fix Up by Aardman
- 2nd place – Worldbuildr Software Suite by Worldbuildr
- 3rd place – Lego Mythica by Legoland & Zappar
- WINNER – Chaperone by Dapper Labs Ltd
- 2nd place – Jurassic Ocean by Hello I/O
- 3rd place – personal visitor approach by AI by Sensape
- WINNER – Omega Mart by Meow Wolf
- 2nd place – The Infinite by Infinity Experiences
- 3rd place – Convergence Station by Meow Wolf
- WINNER – The Luna Farm experience by Zamperla
- 2nd place – George III: The Mind Behind the Myth by Historic Royal Palaces
- 3rd place – New Science by California Academy of Sciences
- WINNER – Arctic Adventure by Moment Factory
- 2nd place – ValoClimb by Valo Motion
- 3rd place – Wander by Alterface
- WINNER – Currents: Niagara’s Power Transformed by Thinkwell Group
- 2nd place – Virtual Production for Themed Entertainment by FrankNDesign
- 3rd place – Khor Fakkan Waterfall by GHESA Water & Art
- WINNER – Roof Walk & Zip Line at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi by Farah Experiences
- 2nd place – Journey to the West by Christie
- 3rd place – Linear by LCI Productions
- WINNER – Svalgurok RideHOUSE by ProSlide Technology Inc.
- 2nd place – The Big WaveZ Ride by Zamperla
- 3rd place – UAE’s first-ever Underwater VR Experience by Farah Experiences
- WINNER – Wētā Workshop Unleashed: A Fantastical Film FX Experience
- 2nd place – The Bureau by Dama Dreams
- 3rd place – Echoes of Uxmal by Cocolab International
- WINNER – AOP Water Treatment by Clear Comfort
- 2nd place – Golden Mummies of Egypt by Nomad Exhibitions
- 3rd place – Greener Guest
- WINNER – FacePass contactless technology at Yas Theme Parks by Farah Experiences
- 2nd place – ScreenTeq & ScreenTeq with Motionflex by TEQ4 Limited
- 3rd place – M 4K25 RGB pure laser projector by Christie
- WINNER – F.L.Y., the world’s longest and first launched flying coaster by Vekoma
- 2nd place – Unharnessed Fall System by Immersive Arts
- 3rd place – Parallel Pursuit by WhiteWater
Best in Show
- WINNER – Omega Mart by Meow Wolf
AREA15 Rise Award
- WINNER – Worldbuildr Software Suite by Worldbuildr
- 2nd place – Echoes of Uxmal by Cocolab International
The AREA15 Rise Award recognises the “like-minded visionaries pushing the boundaries of immersive entertainment and disrupting the status-quo of the experience economy”, Fisher said.
“Now, more than ever, the public’s driving desire for experiences, visual stimulation and storytelling motivates companies to explore and discover ever more compelling ways to capture their imaginations.”
blooloop Innovation Awards judges
Our panel of expert judges were chosen from across the visitor attractions business. Each of them has decades of experience and expertise in developing, creating and managing engaging visitor experiences. As such, they are ideally placed to recognise game-changing innovations. The full list of judges can be seen here.
The quality of the entries was inspiring. In fact, it was so good that many judges reached out to entrants well in advance of the awards being revealed!
During the judging process, any judge that had a conflict of interest recused themselves from voting on the relevant project.
Set to be an annual event, the blooloop Innovation Awards are a fantastic opportunity for entrants to showcase their work to our judging panel, and for the judges themselves to get a sneak peak at the very latest innovations in the business.
Huge thanks to our sponsors AREA15 and to our extraordinary judges, each of whom took the time to look carefully through all the entries. We look forward to seeing you all next year!